FermZilla Plastic Pressure Kit - Suits Conical and All Rounder Model
Add the optional pressure kit to your FermZilla 27L or 55L and turn your FermZilla into a true uni tank.
Uni tanks are conical fermenters used both for fermentation and for carbonating and serving finished beverage.
This extremely inexpensive upgrade will truly show you what the FermZilla was designed for.
This kit includes:
• 1 x Red Plastic Carbonation Cap
• 1 x Yellow Plastic Carbonation Cap
• 1 x FermZilla 27L & 55L SS Float & 80cm (31.5 inch) Silicone Dip Tube
This kit now includes Red and Yellow Carbonation Caps allowing you to differentiate your yellow carbonation cap which has a diptube attached for dispensing/transferring your liquid gold, from the red carbonation cap for gas input.
Here are some possibilities:
Fermenting Under Pressure:
First one of the most intriguing uses is to ferment under pressure which reduces ester production and fusel ABV production. That means that you can ferment warmer than you normally would, even making lagers at room temperature. Most commercial beverage is fermented under pressure just due to the size of commercial tanks and the pressure that is created by the column of beverage. It is one of the differences between commercial brewing and homebrewing. The lid has a built in relief valve that will blow at 35psi and we strongly recommend you also purchase an adjustable pressure relief valve, or blow tie kit or spunding valve, that allows you to set a lower pressure. It is also always a good idea to have two relief valves on the FermZilla anytime the unit is under pressure.
Carbonating, Pushing, and Serving:
When you are fermenting under pressure the beverage is already carbonated when you are done fermenting. You can control the level of carbonation by using an adjustable pressure relief. The idea is that the FermZilla can eliminate kegging and you can serve directly from the fermenter. We love this idea but there will probably still be times that you want to keg. Use a beverage line to connect the FermZilla to your keg and enjoy the easiest kegging experience ever. You can also choose to send carbonated beverage through a beverage filter on the way to your keg. When applying pressure with a CO2 tank also make sure that you have a functional relief valve on your CO2 regulator.
Lack of Oxidation
Because the beverage always has a CO2 blanket through fermentation and during any transfers out, oxidation is eliminated. When you cold crash you won't be sucking air back in through an airlock.
• Ferment beverage under pressure to reduce ester and fusel ABV production
• Ability to always draw clear beverage with the unique, floating draw tube
• Keg already carbonated beverage
• Use co2 to push beverage into a keg or through a filter into a keg
• Carbonate and serve beverage directly from the FermZilla, eliminating kegging all together
This kit includes:
• 2 x KegLand Plastic Carbonation Screw Caps with duotight compatible barb
• 1 x FermZilla 27L & 55L SS Float & 80cm Silicone Dip Tube